Business – Associate of Science
Manage, Supervise and Lead. Gain the Skills for Business Leadership.
- Develop your marketable skills for entry-level management positions. We give students a well-rounded foundation in modern business practices and preparing them to apply their education in the work environment.
- The Associate of Science in Business (ASB) program is designed to provide students with a strong education in business concepts and theory, managerial operations, and effective communication strategies.
- Through our qualified business training degree program, students can gain a greater understanding of management and supervision techniques.
- 300,200 administrative service management jobs are projected to be added nationally between 2016-2026. (1)
- 7% growth is projected nationally between 2018-28, which is as fast as the average for all occupations. (1)
- Marketing Coordinator
- Business Administration
- Business Analyst
What Classes will I Take?
- Human Resource Management
What are typical class hours?
- Brookline’s program is designed to let you go to school on your time, not according to a class schedule. Our online degree program is flexible and puts you at the center of your education.
- You can be full-time or part-time, whichever works for your schedule.
Students also viewed
Human Resource Management
60 CREDITS – 930 CONTACT HOURS – 60 WEEKS
The Associate of Science in Business program is designed to enhance the student’s career opportunities and improve opportunities for advancement by providing a diverse and well-rounded curriculum of general education, business and management studies. Students will gain a greater understanding of management and supervision techniques, which will enable them to readily attain entry-level management positions in today’s competitive business environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program graduates will:
- Correctly use terms related to the various aspects of business when using written and oral communication.
- Explain concepts related to the financial aspects of businesses.
- Use quantitative measurements in performing functions related to payroll, taxes, human resource management, customer service decisions, and marketing.
- Identify and adhere to laws pertaining to business.
- Adhere to ethical business practices.
- Effectively utilize technology to perform duties associated with business practices.
Residential; Blended and Online Program Requirements
|Program Concentration – 33 Credits – 495 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
|AC 101 Accounting I||3||45||0||0|
|AC 240 Business Finance||3||45||0||0|
|BU 175 Business Communications||3||45||0||0|
|BU 176 Business Principles||3||45||0||0|
|BU 177 Management||3||45||0||0|
|BU 210 Human Resource Management||3||45||0||0|
|BU 215 Customer Service Concepts||3||45||0||0|
|BU 240 Critical Thinking and Decision Making||3||45||0||0|
|BU 279 Marketing||3||45||0||0|
|BU 280 Quality Management||3||45||0||0|
|BU 299 Business Law||3||45||0||0|
|General Education - 15 Credits - 225 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
|Open Science - Science/Bio/A&P||3||45||0||0|
|Open Soc Science - Social/Behavioral Science (Psych)||3||45||0||0|
|Open Soc Science – Social/Behavioral Science (Sociology)||3||45||0||0|
|Additional Course Requirements - 12 Credits - 210 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
Your education is a big investment and Brookline College believes no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we’re here to help you make that happen.
- At Brookline College there are no hidden costs. Our tuition includes books, supplies and all fees.
- Tuition: Please call or click Request Info to determine your cost.
- Program length: 60 weeks.
- More than 88% of Brookline College students use some form of financial aid(2) to help cover the cost of their education(3). That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
- We have also provided The Net Price Calculator that will provide preliminary, non-binding estimates of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility based on federal methodology.
(2) Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
(3) Percentage calculated by Brookline College for the 2015-16 school year.
We want to be sure your career goals are in line with your selected program of study. Our admission process will help you understand our programs and the career expectations in the field.
Five Simple Steps:
- Visit the campus. See what Brookline and the Business program is all about.
- Complete a Visitor Information Form.
- Complete a financial aid interview to develop a financial plan.
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement with an Admissions Representative to include collecting all necessary documentation.
- Meet with the Director of Education, or an appropriate Department Director to discuss any unusual enrollment circumstances or accommodations needed to successfully complete the program.
Once all requirements have been completed, the Director of Admissions, Director of Education, and Campus Director reviews the application for approval. Applicants are notified of their acceptance promptly.
Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
- Institutional Accreditation: Brookline College’s Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, and Albuquerque campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Brookline College has been approved by Arizona to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For more information, visit: http://nc-sara.org/
- Programmatic Accreditation: Programmatic accreditation, also known as specialized or professional accreditation, is designed for specialized departments, programs, schools, or colleges within a university or institution that has already received accreditation.
The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing and Master’s degree program in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001. 202-887-06791.
The BSN pre-licensure program is currently on probation with the Arizona Board of Nursing (“AZBON”). Brookline entered a consent agreement with AZBON, which requires Brookline to submit monthly reports. The agreement can be found on the Arizona Board of Nursing’s website https://www.azbn.gov/. The BSN pre-licensure program is fully approved by the New Mexico Board of Nursing, nmbon.sks.com.
Brookline College - Albuquerque Campus
4201 Central Avenue N.W.
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Extension Educational Center
10131 Coors Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
M-Th 8:00AM – 7:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Brookline College - Tempe Campus
1140 S. Priest Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
M-Th 8:00AM – 8:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Brookline College - Tucson Campus
5441 E. 22nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
M-Th 8:00AM – 7:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Sat 9:00AM – 12:00PM