Allied Health – Associate of Science – Level Up Transfer Program – Enrolling Online Now!
Gain the Additional Knowledge to Further Your Career.
- AS Allied Health PDF
- Level Up and finish your degree.
- This program allows up to 31.5 semester hours may be transferred into the program from any accredited allied health diploma program. (1)
- This degree offers an opportunity to expand on previous knowledge of the health care environment.
- Program Features:
- Live online virtual lectures you can attend with classmates.
- Support of a live faculty member.
- All lectures are recorded for you to review later.
- Traditional classroom feel with the safety and flexibility of online.
- Complete your program in as little as 30 weeks.
- The health care field is projected to grow 14% nationally from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than average for all industries. (2)
- 9 million jobs are projected to be added nationally from 2018 to 2028. (2)
- Projected growth is due to a quickly aging population. (2)
- Mental Health Services
- Care Homes
What Classes will I Take?
- Health Care Finance
- Management Communications
What are typical class hours?
- Brookline’s program is designed to let you go to school on your time, not according to a class schedule. Our online degree program is flexible and puts you at the center of your education.
- You can be full-time or part-time, whichever works for your schedule.
Students also viewed
Health Care Finance
61.5 CREDITS – 450 CONTACT HOURS – 30 WEEKS
The Associate of Science in Allied Health degree program provides allied health diploma holders with an opportunity to develop more in-depth knowledge of the health care environment. With courses in accounting, finance, marketing and communications, graduates will be better prepared to assume roles of additional responsibility within their area of allied health practice. The program, delivered online, is comprised of general education and core technical courses that can be completed in 30 weeks of full-time enrollment.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program graduates will:
- Describe how health care professionals contribute to health care delivery and identify the professionals of the health care field.
- Work effectively as a member of a health care team.
- Use effective oral and written communication methods.
- Perform introductory accounting and finance procedures in a health care environment.
- Identify and work within the ethical and legal requirements of a health care system.
- Professionally and ethically perform duties within the scope of practice for their allied health profession.
Online; Residential and Blended Program Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Associate of Science in Allied Health degree program, an applicant must be at least 18 years of age, have a minimum of a U.S. high school diploma (or GED or equivalent from another country), and have successfully completed an allied health diploma.
|Program Concentration – 43.5 Credits – 180 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
|Block Transfer -- Allied Health diploma*||31.5||45||0||0|
|AC 101 Accounting I||3||45||0||0|
|HA 207 Health Care Finance||3||45||0||0|
|BU 279 Marketing||3||45||0||0|
|MG 320 Management Communications||3||45||0||0|
|General Education - 15 Credits - 225 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
|Open Science - Science/Bio/A&P||3||45||0||0|
|Open Soc Science - Social/Behavioral Science (Psych)||3||45||0||0|
|Open Soc Science – Social/Behavioral Science (Sociology)||3||45||0||0|
|Additional Course Requirements - 3 Credits - 45 Contact hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum|
|SS 100 Student Success||3||45||0||0|
Allied Health is a broad term that covers any health care professional that is not a doctor, nurse, dentist, or pharmacist. Allied health professionals make up about 60% of all health care jobs. (3) Career opportunities range from dental assistants to medical biller and coders to pharmacy technicians. You can expect to work close to doctors and nurses. As the current population begins to age, the need for allied health professionals also increase. A degree in Allied Health can open more opportunities in the health care industry.(3) https://www.aimseducation.edu/blog/allied-healthcare-mean/
Your education is a big investment and Brookline College believes no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we’re here to help you make that happen.
- At Brookline College there are no hidden costs. Our tuition includes books, supplies and all fees.
- Tuition: Please call or click Request Info to determine your cost.
- Program length: 30 weeks.
- More than 88% of Brookline College students use some form of financial aid(4) to help cover the cost of their education(5). That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
- We have also provided The Net Price Calculator that will provide preliminary, non-binding estimates of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility based on federal methodology.
(4) Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
(5) Percentage calculated by Brookline College for the 2015-16 school year.
We want to be sure your career goals are in line with your selected program of study. Our admission process will help you understand our programs and the career expectations in the field.
Five Simple Steps:
- Visit the campus. See what Brookline and the Allied Health program is all about.
- Complete a Visitor Information Form.
- Complete a financial aid interview to develop a financial plan.
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement with an Admissions Representative to include collecting all necessary documentation.
- Meet with the Director of Education, or an appropriate Department Director to discuss any unusual enrollment circumstances or accommodations needed to successfully complete the program.
Once all requirements have been completed, the Director of Admissions, Director of Education, and Campus Director reviews the application for approval. Applicants are notified of their acceptance promptly.
Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
- Institutional Accreditation: Brookline College’s Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, and Albuquerque campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Brookline College has been approved by Arizona to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For more information, visit: http://nc-sara.org/
- Programmatic Accreditation: Programmatic accreditation, also known as specialized or professional accreditation, is designed for specialized departments, programs, schools, or colleges within a university or institution that has already received accreditation.
The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing and Master’s degree program in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001. 202-887-06791.
The BSN pre-licensure program is currently on probation with the Arizona Board of Nursing (“AZBON”). Brookline entered a consent agreement with AZBON, which requires Brookline to submit monthly reports. The agreement can be found on the Arizona Board of Nursing’s website https://www.azbn.gov/. The BSN pre-licensure program is fully approved by the New Mexico Board of Nursing, nmbon.sks.com.
Brookline College - Albuquerque Campus
4201 Central Avenue N.W.
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Extension Educational Center
10131 Coors Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
M-Th 8:00AM – 7:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Brookline College - Tempe Campus
1140 S. Priest Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
M-Th 8:00AM – 8:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Brookline College - Tucson Campus
5441 E. 22nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
M-Th 8:00AM – 7:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Sat 9:00AM – 12:00PM