At Brookline College, we respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website, requests information, or responds to our promotions. This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on our website and explains our practices regarding the way this information is collected and used.
Personal information you provide voluntarily:
Personal information such as your name, address, phone number, and/or email address is not collected when you visit the Brookline College website unless you choose to voluntarily provide that data by filling out a form requesting information or by completing an online enrollment agreement. Personal information you provide voluntarily may be used for the following purposes:
- To contact you using various methods such as e-mail, texting, written correspondence, and telephone to respond to your request for information or enrollment.
- To assess and better understand your needs and how we can improve our website and services.
Your personal information will be kept confidential and will only be used in support of your relationship with Brookline College. It will not be disclosed to third parties unless the third party is an institutionally authorized provider of services to Brookline College.
Information we collect automatically:
In addition to information you provide voluntarily, there is some information about you that we may collect automatically that is not personally identifiable. This information may include:
- The type of Internet browser you use.
- Your computer’s operating system.
- The navigation path that brought you to our website
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you visited on our site.
This data is used for the purpose of analyzing our website traffic, managing the site, and providing feedback regarding the site’s usefulness.
Brookline College’s website contains links to external sites that are beyond our control. Brookline College is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites and encourages visitors to review the privacy practices for those sites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Information,” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to any individual or a household. It does not include anonymous or aggregated data that cannot be associated with an individual or household.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Personally Identifiable information such as first name, maiden name, last name, alias, username or similar unique personal identifier, student ID, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, passport number, biometric data, physical characteristics or description, criminal background status, marital status, disability status, date of birth, place of birth, race, ethnicity, tribal affiliation, gender, citizenship information, or country of origin.
- Contact Information such as physical address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Educational Information such as educational records that contain information directly related to a student and which are maintained by an educational institution or agency or party acting for the institution.
- Financial Information such as student financial aid information, tax information, bank account number, credit or debit card number, and account balance and payment details.
- Health Information such as personal health history, medical records, drug testing, and immunization history.
- Student Account Information such as details about payments to and from you and your payment history, other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information such as your education, training, prior work experience, resume, references, certificate, licensure, or other professional information, military affiliation and status, work authorization information, and post-graduation employment and earnings.
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
- Marketing and Communications Information such as marketing campaign data, click throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences. We also may collect digital photographs and videos.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Children’s Privacy. The Services are intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any Personal Information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the email address below and ask to have this Personal Information deleted from our files.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms, enrolling in one of our educational programs, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, text, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- Submit a Request for Information form
- Submit a Contact Us form
- Use the chat feature on our website
- Call, email, or text us
- Apply to enroll and/or enroll in one of our educational programs
- Apply for financial aid
- Attend our courses, programs or other events where we collect information about you
- Submit a student review
- Use one of our career services resources
- Use one of our online learning management, student portal, or other online tools
Information We Collect
Automated technologies or interactions. As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our Services from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as student information platforms, learning management platforms, email platforms, and social media platforms.
Third Party Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Information received from third party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various advertisements and online forms where you can request additional information.
Third Party Private Loan Vendors. If you set up an account with an institutional loan vendor, we may collect Personal Information from them related to your institutional loan.
Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
Third Party Cookies. We may engage third-party service providers, including Google, Facebook, and Instagram to serve ads to you about our products and services as you browse the Internet. These third-party providers may use their own cookies tags to track your online activities and purchases in order to deliver targeted advertising based on your interests. You can learn more about Google’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/. You can learn more about Facebook’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/. You can learn about Instagram’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Information is to provide you with products and services you request. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To determine your admissibility for your selected educational program
- To process your application and enroll you in an education program
- To verify your educational background during the enrollment process
- To verify job placement
- To determine your eligibility for financial aid, scholarships, and grants
- To provide career services assistance
- To provide you with information, products and/or services you request
- To facilitate recruitment efforts
- To facilitate the creation of and secure any student accounts
- To communicate with individuals in written, electronic, and verbal form
- To analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- To obtain payment for services that we provide to you, including, but not limited to, payments through financial aid
- To process reimbursements and financial aid payments to you
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- To maintain student records and transcripts
- For internal business purposes such as complying with our internal policies or improving our Services
- To analyze how our Services are being accessed and used
- To verify information
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to enforce our Code of Conduct, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities
- To provide professional services you may request, including dental and veterinary services through our clinics
- To apply for certifications and licensures on your behalf
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this policy and with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our Services and perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
Information You Instruct Us to Share. You may be given the option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your personal information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services on behalf of us or the Services and may disclose personal information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose or retain the personal information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling personal information. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, hosting services, software as a service, document management services, communications services such as email, text, and chat services, software and website development services, scholarship and financial aid services, lending and loan processing and servicing services, collection services, accounting and audit services, compliance services, quality control services, analytics services, call center services, marketing services, employment and employment verification services.
Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
User Disclosures. Some Personal Information is disclosed as a matter of course as a result of your use of certain Services. Any personal information shared via any public forum using the Services or on another website (such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter) may become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in these public forums. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, especially your health information and location data, and be careful how you disclose your Personal Information. Content posted in public areas of the Services, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. We do not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted. If you have any questions or comments about any content posted using the Services, please contact us at the address below.
USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR OWN VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN PUBLIC FORUMS
Sales of Personal Information. Like most companies, we allow certain third party advertising partners to place tracking technology such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant ads as you browse the internet. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this limited sharing, Brookline College does not sell any of your information. You can opt out of this sharing by contacting Brookline College.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
Text Messaging. Brookline College, it’s third-party service providers and those acting on its behalf may send you operational and informational text (SMS) messages about your use of the Services at the phone number you provided us. We may also send marketing or other promotional messages to the extent that you have provided the appropriate opt-in consent. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. Your agreement to receive promotional texts is not a condition of any purchase or service offered by Brookline College. Texts, calls, or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided to Brookline College, we ask that you update your account information to help prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires your old number.
Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving text messages from Brookline College at any time by replying STOP to any text message from Brookline College. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while the we process your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt-out request.
Email. Brookline College may send you emails concerning our products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in a promotional email. This opt out will not apply to operational or informational emails related to your enrollment at Brookline College. You may continue to receive promotional email messages for a short period while we process your request.
California residents interested in more information about data privacy call (888) 224-0815.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Upon verification of your identity you may:
- No more than twice in any 12-month period, request disclosure of the following information:
- Categories of Personal Information we collect.
- Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected.
- Categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed to third parties.
- Categories of third parties with whom such Personal Information is sold or disclosed.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
Specific pieces of Personal Information we collect.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
- Opt-out from having your Personal Information sold to third parties, if applicable.
Requests can be submitted by calling our toll free number or through our . You can also opt out of having Personal Information transmitted through third party cookies and pixels by clicking on the “Do not sell my info” link.
Please note that these rights apply only to select California consumers and exclude job applicants, employees, and business contacts. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Include your full legal name and phone number, which we will need to contact you in order to verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. In order to verify your identity, one of our representatives will call you at the phone number provided.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities..
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will strive to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
The CCPA provides the right to be free from discrimination if you choose to exercise your rights under the statute, and Brookline College will not discriminate by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to us or our third-party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share information we collect about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Your Right to Opt-Out
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information, including the right to opt-out of any selling of your personal information. You can exercise your right to opt-out by using the contact information below. If you opt-out, you will still see ads but they will not be personalized based on your online activity. Additionally, if you disable your cookies or upgrade your browser after opting out, you will need to opt-out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt-out on each browser or device.
ATTN: Matthew Egan
1140 S. Priest Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281
California residents interested in more information about data privacy call (888) 224-0815