At Brookline college we take the resolution of student concerns very seriously. A complaint is a claim by a student that there has been a violation, a misinterpretation or a misapplication of an existing policy, rule or regulation of the College. An appeal and/or a formal grievance are two ways sponsored by the School to request a formal change to an official decision of the Institution. Whenever possible the submission of an appeal or grievance will be dealt with confidentially. In addition, all investigations will be undertaken impartially with no reprisals of any kind being undertaken by any member of the School for the submission of an appeal or grievance. Appeal and/or grievance proceedings will be treated in accord with the College’s FERPA policy.

The steps involved with resolving a student concern are: An informal appeal, a formal appeal, and formal grievance. It is a requirement of the College that a student exhaust the appeal process in its entirety prior to submitting a grievance in order to allow for an appropriate resolution to be reached. Further, if an appeal or grievance is not submitted within ten (10) business days the initial decision of the school will stand. Students who wish to file a Level 2, Level 3 or Level 4 appeal can initiate the process by completing and submitting the Student Appeals Form. Please note that appeals must be initiated and completed in numerical order (i.e., one cannot jump to a Level 4 appeal without first requesting Level 2 and Level 3 appeals).

The College also maintains an anonymous reporting portal for student concerns. Your instructors, program directors, and campus directors will remain your first line of contact but if you would feel more comfortable submitting a concern, issue, or incident anonymously, you can use our portal at Please watch the following video for more information on how the anonymous portal operates: After you report a concern, please be sure to follow up using your report key and password within a week so that you can respond anonymously to any follow up questions we may have.

If a student is not satisfied after exhausting the Appeal and Grievance procedures, the student may contact the following:

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education

New Mexico Department of Higher Education

Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools

Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education

Arizona State Board of Nursing

New Mexico Board of Nursing

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education